Wednesday, May 7, 2014

" Is Inches

Now that I am a homeowner, I spend a significant amount of my time looking at things I want to buy for my house. When I am not looking at things I want to buy, I am sleeping. I am not one of those pregnant women who are full of energy. I sleep A LOT!

I think this light fixture would be great in the dinning room or it would look really dinky.



I really love this sofa, this rug and this pouf.

While I spend a good amount of time picking these things out (and even research the quality of the materials used), no one should expect to see them in my house any time soon. This has to happen first.

Yesterday, I was picking out countertops. I knew exactly what I wanted. Butcher block countertops in cherry with a varnique finish. I found them too! FOR ONLY $102!!! Finally, something I could afford.

I was ready to order. I just wanted to check with my dad to make sure 12 feet would be enough. When he got home, I was telling him all about them and the lengths they were available in: 6 feet, 12 feet, 18 feet…

I am sure you can tell where this is going. He was doubtful from the beginning and disbelieving after 6 feet. That is when the light bulb went off for me… " is inches, not feet. My countertops cost $102 per foot. So, I am back to praying for this.

In the meantime though, I am still going to pick out everything that I want. Hmm… I haven't looked at chairs for the living room!


No comments:

Post a Comment