Thursday, May 22, 2014

Teaser Alert!!

Hello, All!!

Here is a teaser of a progress report for what I am working on done this week, lest y'all think I am being lazy. Full confession, I do spend about half of my day being lazy, but the other half I am productive (I would insert a smiley emoticon here, but I am feeling a bit more professional than that today. After all, I used the word 'lest'. So, just imagine one there… and here).

Teaser pic #1

On a different note, I do not understand why almond colored light switches were all the rage back in the day. Or maybe this is just my dad's favorite color, because every house I have lived in has them. For those of you who do not know, I have only lived in houses my dad built. This includes the one I just bought from a complete stranger. My dad helped build it thirty years ago. So, I know who to blame for all of the things that are wrong with it, starting with the almond light switches (smiley emoticon here).

Teaser Pic #2

I am waiting to post full room shots until next week. Most of the trim will go down this weekend, and I want y'all to get the full affect of the completed rooms, but in the mean time you can salivate over the painting progress that is happening.

One area of the house that I do not think will ever seriously be included in a progress report is Michael's office. This room is the ugly step child while we focus on getting the rest of the house Frances Harper ready. For those who have seen our current office, you know that it may remain ugly forever. Those in the know is a group consisting of just Michael and me because NO ONE sees the office. It is that bad.


Hope everyone has a great Thursday!! 



2 comments:

  1. Do they make light switches in any other color? Every place I've ever lived has had them too. And at least the floors in Michael's office will be beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! They come in white too. But who would want a nice clean color though?

    ReplyDelete