Friday, May 16, 2014

Doors Galores

Happy almost the weekend!!

Michael and I have an exciting weekend planned for the new house. We will be purchasing new interior doors and priming the trim, if the weather cooperates. The trim will get primed outside, so we need everyone to pray for no rain!

We are hoping this changes by tomorrow! Weathermen are consistently wrong so… hope springs eternal. 

The interior doors we currently have are similar to the ones below, only imagine this one in that nice greenish stain. These are not doors I can live with. Well, I could if there was no other option, but I would stare at them daily and wish they were different. If I was more of a free spirit, I would be tempted to say that we just won't have any doors for a while, but I am not an exibitionist. So… we are going to replace them.

While my first choice would be solid wood doors, stained the same color as the floor, that is a touch out of our price range. (A solid pine door is a little over $100.00 and this is not our forever home. Our forever home already has them.) 

I have narrowed down our door options to the following two. We would not buy it in blue, but I thought the blue was easier to see than the all white one. 


The five panel one (door on the right) is a little over $60 and the six panel door is a little over $30. I have until this evening to decide if the extra cost is worth it to me. The good new is we only need 7 doors. Part of me says, I will be using them and looking at them every day, so I should get the ones I really like. The other part of me says, it is just a door and anything is better than what is currently there. 

Decisions. Decisions. 

Thoughts? Is anyone else have home decisions to make this weekend?

Also, for anyone wondering about a floor update -- because I can not walk on the floors I am not really able to get any good pictures of them. So, tune in next week for progress pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment