Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A Bacon Brainstorm


My mom buys lots of spinach, but she does not eat lots of spinach. She also hates to waste food and frequently says, "Pretend this is the depression" to get us to eat food we believe is past its prime. Today, she asked that I have spinach for lunch because it was beginning to go bad. I figured if I had to eat spinach, I might as well make it super tasty with some bacon. Voila, I had a BLT. 

The sandwich was SUPER tasty, but not so incredible that I felt the need to share it with y'all. What was incredible is that I cooked the bacon in the microwave. I know people do this, but it is has never occurred to me to try it. I have been wasting my time. I had six perfectly cooked slices of bacon in three and half minutes. THREE AND HALF MINUTES!!!! I usually cook it in the oven and spend 10-15 minutes looking at it through the window in the door waiting for it to be done. I am probably going to be on a bacon eating tirade now that I know how quick-cooking bacon an be (Michael will be very supportive of this).

Has anyone else belatedly stumbled upon a trick that blew their mind? I feel as though I just caught up to what millions have known all along. 

1 comment:

  1. Another good way to eat spinach is a salad with bacon crumbles & honey mustard dressing. I've started making microwave potato chips--they're actually quite tasty. And easy to slice with my Costco impulse buy mandoline.
    http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-crispy-potato-chips-in-the-microwave-166718

    ReplyDelete