Thursday, June 12, 2014

A Crowning Achievement (Too predictable?)

I shared before about the deal we were getting on crown moulding (it was discard from a job my dad worked on… so the deal we got was, IT'S FREE!!) This was excellent because setting up a new home is expensive and saving pennies is excellent. The only problem was that there was not quite enough crown mould to do all of the house. As I mentioned, saving pennies is excellent, so I decided we would not put crown moulding in the hallway. BUT, we would put it in the foyer, and we would just stop it where the foyer becomes the hallway. The picture below shows how the trim would look where the walls turn and become hallway.


I told my builder I wanted to do this. He was not a fan. He said this would look odd. So… we have crown moulding in our hallway. Now that it is up, I really like it. So… point for Daddy for being right. With the crown molding up, the rooms (and the hallway) all look much more finished than they did previously, which excites me with the notion that we will eventually be able to move in. I am consistently amazed that such a simple addition has such a large impact on a room. I also wonder though, would I miss it if I had never had it? Had we gone with my plan would I walk through my house and think, "This hallway should would look better with some crown moulding"?


Here is a progress picture to hold you over until I am able to show the complete set of finished rooms!

Have a great Thursday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment