Wednesday, April 23, 2014

With the baby arriving in 13 weeks, we have finally made some progress on the new-home-front. The house we bought is a fixer upper (you may read 'savings sucker' instead), and last weekend we made our first steps towards fixing her up.

The house came with wall to wall carpeting. I grew up in a house with all hard wood floors and thought that houses with carpet were really nice when I was little. As a young kid, that was a sign of a fancy house to me, especially if it was white. I now recognize this as a sign of having no pets or kids. This all to say the first thing on the to-do list was rip up all of the carpet so that hard wood floors can be installed. (I am waiting to hear back on an estimated price for the new floors, everyone say a prayer with and for me.)

The pictures below are my before pictures. I was not on the ball enough to get them done before we started ripping carpet up, but you can just ignore the hard workers (my husband, dad, and mom) and imagine the rooms with carpet on the floors.


This is the carpet that has been ripped out. We are currently piling it in the area that is going to be the carport. When the house was originally built, this was the carport and then was converted to a family room. We are converting it back. 




This is obviously a 1980's kitchen. Lots to do in here. Hey Cooper!!


Once the carpet was up, the particle board that was underneath it had to come up also. This is an instance where being pregnant is handy. This picture shows my parents working in the dining room, which is right off of the kitchen. You can see Michael in the distance working in the living room.



Bedroom #1-- Our plan is to make this into an office for Michael. 



After loading these pictures, I discovered that you should rotate the photos before putting them in the post. Obviously, I am working on a learning curve. 


This will be the nursery. You may have noticed by now that there is a lot of wall-paper in this house. ALL of it has to come down. Updates on that later. 


Here we have Mace Girl showing where her bad will be. This is the master bedroom and by her bed, she means the queen size bed she shares with me and Michael. YES!, we are one of those families that revolve around the pets comfort. 



Master bathroom with duck border. Nothing says romance like ducks in a bathroom. I have an aunt who recently had a mallard duck come down her chimney. True story. 



And here is Michael slaving away in the living room.  Please ignore all of the little water spots. I am not sure what is causing those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment