Wednesday, April 30, 2014

HUMP DAY!

Happy Wednesday!

First things first, the cake. I know I promised reviews on Monday, and it is now Wednesday. I will blame it on the pregnancy. Once Frances Harper is here, I guess I will blame everything on being a new mom. Then I can use the excuse of chasing a toddler around. Then… well maybe by the time she is grown I will have my act together.

Anyway, back to the cake.


As all things chocolate are prone to be, the cake was good. I am calling it a cake because that is what the recipe was titled, but it was actually more along the lines of a fudge-iced-brownie. Also, the recipe calls for it to be topped with whipped cream. I didn't have any whipping cream on hand, but I think it (now I don't know whether to call it a cake or a fudge-iced-brownie) would have gone great with a big scoop of ice cream, which I also didn't have on hand. 

Sooooooo, my verdict would be four stars. While it was super tasty, if you had your heart set on a chocolate cake, you might be slightly disappointed with this sweet concoction (this disappointment could probably be buried if you had ice cream to go with this). However, if you wanted a fudge-iced-brownie, this would be right up your alley. 

I hope everyone is having a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Did you use heavy cream for the glaze? It looks yummy. I wonder if the folks at work would kill me if I made one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it calls for heavy cream, but I didn't have any. Instead, I used light cream (which my aunt had left here) and just reduced the amount slightly.

      Delete