Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Knobs and Globs

Because we are moving into the new house later than planned and are getting close to Frances Harper's arrival, I am trying to have everything for her nursery ready to go. That way, when we do finally get in the house, we just have to set her stuff up and then wait for her to arrive.

With this in mind, I am painting her changing table/dresser this week. She will be using the same dresser that I had when I was little. This is also the dresser my sister used in college, and she felt the need to paint it turquoise. I think she would have second guessed this had she been responsible for repainting it when she was done using it.


I am restoring the dresser to its original color of white. If you are wondering how many coats of white paint it takes to cover up turquoise, the answer is three. I am putting the coats on pretty thin though, so as to avoid globs and runs.


After the first coat, I decided it would be easier to remove the knobs than to paint around them. I also was having trouble getting the underside of the knob painted while it was still on the drawer. After the second coat, I decided to break out the roller. 

Now that I have removed the knobs, I am thinking of painting them a color besides white. I could paint them purple to match her closet door, or I could paint them some other color. White seems nice and classic though. 


1 comment:

  1. You could paint the knobs purple and the edges of the drawers pink like her walls.

    ReplyDelete