Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Decisions, Decisions, Delicious


This post is about paint, but do not leave yet! I have worked hard to interject it with enough of my witty sense of humor to make it interesting. So please, read on.

Work on our hardwood floors should begin on May 12th. (Now you are saying, 'she said it was about paint' and it is. Keep reading.) Before the floors are installed, we would like to have most of the painting done so that we do not have to worry about messing the floors up. This all means that the painting must get done next week. We are going to paint all of the living area (kitchen, dinning room, living room and hall) one color. Our current house has a different color in every room, and I have decided it is slightly dizzying. So without further ado… (please imagine a drum roll, now) here are the colors under consideration.


To give credit where credit is due, all of these are Valspar colors. We are leaning towards Gravity. With the limited windows in much of the house, we are afraid that going with one of the darker ones will leave the house feeling closed-in and gloomy. What do you think?

One room that is not going to be gray is Frances's bedroom. Her bedding is very colorful, and many of the decorative touches are as well. So we want her walls to be a bit subdued. I like color, but I don't want her room to be a clown tent. Valspar lists the colors below as warm whites. You can not tell in these swatches but they both have a slight purple/mauve tint to them. This ties in with the part of the room I am really excited about. 



Her closet door is going to be GRAPOLICIOUS. I love the color and the name. 


I originally got this idea from a blog called Young House Love. They just painted their kids closet doors fun colors, and it really made the rooms pop. 

Now, I just have to hope that everything stays on track: finish floor prep this week, paint next week, hard wood floors go down, we move in the beginning of June, and I lay around fat in the air conditioning for a month and a half. Sounds good. Lets go. 


2 comments:

  1. I think the lighter colors are nice, gravity & fainting violet. The house is kind of dark--granted I don't think there were any lights on when I saw it, but still. And the fainting violet will complement rather than compete with the other colors. I'd like to see the rhino--can you post a pic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rhino is all packed up... and the last time we took it out Michael and I had an argument about how to get it back in the box. So it is staying in the box for now :). I am trying to find a pic of it online but can't... but (from what I remember) it will go really well with the fainting violet color.

      Delete